Visconti Homo Sapiens Skylight FP
Visconti is delighted to announce the launch of the highly anticipated Homo Sapiens 'Skylight', the latest addition to Visconti's iconic Homo Sapiens series. The 'Skylight' is truly an engineering marvel, a pen that showcases all the unique benefits of the original award-winning Homo Sapiens with the addition of the new extraordinary 'Skylight' windows. Two transparent windows transform the Homo Sapiens into a unique demonstrator, where the user is not only able to benefit from seeing the remaining level of ink stored but is also able to view Visconti's patented 'double reservoir' vacuum filling system.
The Homo Sapiens Skylight collection is now available
• Made from volcanic lava rock, the pen is virtually unbreakable, naturally hygroscopic and very comfortable to write with
Sky Light Windows
Two 'Skylight' viewing windows enable the user a view of the flowing ink within the interior of the pen:
• A large window cut into the pens barrel offering a view of stored ink in the larger ink reservoir
• A smaller window behind the pen's grip offering a view of stored ink in the pens second smaller ink reservoir
Double Reservoir Power Filler
Patented in 1998, the double reservoir power filler is undoubtedly the most advanced filling system ever developed in fountain pen history. It allows the collector to fill a fountain pen with the equivalent of up to 10 cartridges of ink, and thanks to the two reservoirs, prevents ink from leaking during air travel
How it Works
The body of the pen is divided into two ink reservoirs, one larger in the pens barrel and one smaller behind the pens nib. When writing with the pen ink is used from the small reservoir, when ink runs out the user then transfers ink from the larger back-up reservoir to continue writing. Essentially, the larger reservoir acts as a portable 'bottle of ink' inside the pen. The two reservoirs are separated by a cut-off valve, when it is open ink can then move freely from one reservoir to the other:
1. When ink in the smaller reservoir runs out, the users opens the valve to transfer ink from the larger reservoir to the smaller. Now the small reservoir is full of ink and the user can continue writing.
2. Before air travel the user does the opposite and drains ink from the small reservoir back to the large reservoir and then tightens the valve. Once empty there is no ink in the small reservoir to leak out of the nib due to a change in air pressure when flying.
The Homo Sapiens Skylight is available in fountain pen only. Nib width options are:
• Large Visconti 18kt gold nib: EF, F, M and 1.3 Stub